Another smaller version of the 125 / 135 , this MY Parang Golok 120 is slightly shorter and lighter than the MY Parang Golok 115 . Weighing only at 320 grams, it is so far the lightest in our stable of parangs.
Light does not mean ineffective , in fact , a lighter tool does not tire you as much as a heavy tool . You can chop with it or carry it in your backpack all day long and you will not even even feel tired. We would call it a large – robust knife. Not meant for heavy chopping but worth its weight in the jungles.
The slim and long blade also makes it a suitable blade for cleaning game, especially with the belly and pointed tip. The thinner steel and steeper grind also performs better when cutting and slicing.
It is also adapted to suit those who are in search of a lighter Parang for:
- Backpacking and hiking
- General trail maintenance
- Ladies or those who prefer something smaller and lighter
- Skinning game
Matched with a slim sheath, the total weight is a light 480 grams
Made of quality 5160 high carbon steel with hand-quenched and zone hardened blades, this Golok will serve you well in all task. Authentic forged marks on each golok is an art in itself. The traditional wooden handle made of Beech wood is the most comfortable handle you can ever hold! No more blisters or hotspots , you can chop all day long.
- Made in Malaysia
- Stick/ rat tail tang construction for optimum performance
- Blade pinned under the copper bolster using 2.5mm Brass pin
- Comfortable and traditional handle design
- Handle made of Stained - Eco Beech wood
- Blade made of hand - quenched and zone hardened 5160 High Carbon steel
- Packed in carton box
- Blade length : 27.5 cm / 11 in
- Handle length: 17 cm / 6.7 in
- Overall length: 44.5 cm / 17.7 in
- Widest blade: 4.0 cm / 1.7 in
- Weight ( blade and handle ) : 390 grams
- Sheath length: 34.5 cm / 13.5 in
Width: 6.5 cm / 2.5 in
Weight: 150 grams
- Gross weight : 480 grams