This Golok – shaped parang is a lightweight version of our previous models, the Golok 125 and Golok 135. We introduced this model to cater for people who need a lighter tool which can be useful for these reasons:
1) Trail clearing
4) Slaughtering and skinning game.
Its slim and long profile is matched with a slimmer Nylon sheath and paired up, they offer a lightweight package at 390 grams / 19.0 oz . Light does not mean flimsy, the MY Parang Golok 115 can perform all light to medium tasks well. Blade length is 30 cm / 11.8 in and is sufficient for most tasks.
The large belly and tip of the blade which is typical of Goloks ; is a very useful feature for those who use it for cleaning game. Blade width is noticeably thinner including the grind, so it does cut very well.
We foresee this MY Parang Golok 115 to be very popular among Backpackers and those who like to carry a large blade without it being too heavy.
Made of quality 5160 high carbon steel with hand-quenched and zone hardened blades, this Golok will serve you well in all task. Authentic forged marks on each golok is an art in itself. The traditional wooden handle made of Beech wood is the most comfortable handle you can ever hold! No more blisters or hotspots , you can chop all day long.
- Made in Malaysia
- Stick/ rat tail tang construction for optimum performance
- Blade pinned under the copper bolster using 2.5mm Brass pin
- Comfortable and traditional handle design
- Handle made of Stained - Eco Beech wood
- Blade made of hand - quenched and zone hardened 5160 High Carbon steel
- Packed in carton box
- Blade length : 30 cm / 11.8 in
- Handle length: 17 cm / 6.7 in
- Overall length: 47 cm / 18.5 in
- Widest blade: 4.4 cm / 1.7 in
- Weight ( blade and handle ) : 390 grams / 13.8 oz
- Sheath length: 34.5 cm / 13.5 in
Width: 6.5 cm / 2.5 in
Weight: 150 grams / 5.3 oz
- Gross weight : 540 grams / 19.0 oz