The Lumintop FW1A PRO is the single emitter with reflector version of the joint FW3A community project by flashlight forums TLF & BLF. Brought to production by Lumintop, this ultra-compact flashlight is only 3.97" (100.8mm) in length and delivers a max output of 3500 lumens (XHP50.2) with a single 18650 battery (>10A battery, flat top unprotected).
The metal electronic tail switch controls various functions including smooth ramping, stepped mode settings, strobe, and other unique special modes. It is a flashlight designed by enthusiasts, for enthusiasts.
Do not remove the battery via the tailcap, always remove it from the head
- Emitter: Cree XHP50.2 LED with a 50,000 hours lifespan
- Reflector: Aluminum orange peel
- Lens: Glass with anti-reflective coating
- Flux: ~3500 lumens
- Intensity: ~11,360cd, ANSI throw ~220 m
- Firmware: Free software called Andúril
- User interfaces:  Defaulted SMOOTH RAMPING. Instant access to TURBO mode is also provided.  STEPPED RAMPING UI.  MOMENTARY mode.  MUGGLE mode.  Electronic LOCKOUT.
- Other functions: Battery check, sunset, beacon, tactical strobe, party strobe, bike flasher, candlelight, lightning storm
- Battery: One 18650 cell. An unprotected cell is recommended. Max. length 66mm. The cell is not included.
- Driver: FET+7+1 driver. Low parasitic drain while OFF
- Body: Aluminum with hard-coat anodizing
- Switch: Electronic tail switch
- Ingress rating: Equivalent to IPX8
- Weight: Approximately 57.2g without cells
- Size: 25.5 mm Ø head x 100.7 mm length
Battery check, sunset, beacon, tactical strobe, party strobe, bike flasher, candlelight, lightning storm
Driver: FET+7+1 driver. Low parasitic drain while OFF
Firmware: The FW1A uses free software called Andúril programmed by ToyKeeper of BLF, distributed under the terms of the GPL v3. The code is available at http://tiny.cc/TKAnduril
Body: Aluminum with hard-coat anodizing
Switch: Electronic tail switch
Ingress rating: Equivalent to IPX7
Battery: One flat-top or button-top high discharge (>10A) unprotected 18650 cell (max length 66mm). Battery is NOT included.
Weight: ~57g (2.01oz) without battery
Size: 25.5mm (1.00") head diameter, 100.8mm (3.97") length.
User interfaces and features
By default the FW1A is set to use Smooth Ramping for mode changing
Direct access to turbo mode shortcut.
A more conventional Stepped Ramping UI is available if you prefer discrete modes level. (Number of steps is configurable)
Momentary mode useful for signaling purposes or rapidly/briefly lighting up targets. To exit this mode, physically disconnect power
Muggle mode uses reduced output and features
Electronic lockout for safety and low momentary.