The original Xtar D26 'whale' was a very popular dive light which was discontinued last year. This years Xtar D26 'whale' is a version 2 which bumps up the lumens to 1,100 (from 1,000) and features several other changes as well. Check out the official stats below
Updated March 2017: The Xtar D26 Whale is now available in both cool white & warm white
First Look (of older version)
ANSI Illumination levels: Turbo High Mid Low
1100Lm 600Lm 200Lm 60Lm
Runtime: 2h 3.6h 11h 48h
Max Range : 310m
Max Intensity: 24025cd
Impact Resistance: 1.5m
Waterproof: 100 meters
LED: CREE XM-L2 U3 LED
Crust Materials: Anodized aircraft 6N01 aluminum alloy, type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
Working Voltage: 2.75-4.2V
Press-type magnetic induction switch
Size: Φ46.0mm（Head dia）x Φ33.0mm（Body dia）x 155.0mm（length）
Net Weight : 248.0g（Excluded batteries）
Additional Functions: Modes lock function Power Indication
1. Press-type magnetic induction switch: Modes can be locked to avoid misoperation.
2. Open type switch, not affected by water pressure and easy to clean.
3. Power indication: When batteries capacity is above 25%, the LED indicator is green on; battery capacity falls at 5%-25%, the LED indicator is red on; battery capacity falls below 5%, the LED indicator flashes red.
4. Simple mode arrangement: High-Turbo-Mid-Low
5. Super bright, max output is1100Lm
6. Beam throw is310m plus 5°spot light angle, which is good for diving.
7. Excellent heat dissipation design
8. Gold-plated spring, antioxidant and avoid poor contact
9. Excellent anodized aircraft 6N01 aluminum alloy plus premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish, which makes D26 anti-corrosion.
10. The standard 1/4 British screw hole could be fixed to many underwater systems.
11. Use 1*18650/18700/26650
■It is recommended to clear the D26’s switch regularly after a period of time use, preventing mud or sand sedimentation.
■Make sure the battery is fully charged, and the O-ring secure to fully waterproof the D26 before diving.
■Because of the different characteristics of lithium batteries and Li-ion batteries, the light output and runtime can vary.
■When the indicator flashes red, change batteries immediately is recommended strongly.
■When the battery power is very low, the flashlight may flash.
■If the D26 flashlight will not be used for a long time, please remove the battery to protect the battery from being over discharged