Going somewhere that you want to carry a "non-scary" knife?
Then what you need is a knife that still has plenty of style and cutting power, but in a smaller "keychain" size.
The Cinder is small enough to attach to your keychain, yet it's still capable of doing most of the tasks you carry a knife for. From opening packages to breaking down boxes, the Cinder's got you covered. What's more, you know the Cinder is built for performance. For one thing, it's designed by Rick Hinderer, well known for the real-world practicality of his knife designs. For another, it's precision manufactured by Kershaw, known for our top-notch fit and finish.
The blade is just 1.4 inches long, but because of the upswept tip, it offers plenty of useful cutting edge. On a knife this small, creating a solid grip is tough. Rick designed the grip so that your hand comes forward past the pivot point, enabling a full three-finger grip on this smaller knife. The handle is faux G10 textured to enhance grip even more; the blade has a stonewashed finish that looks great and hides scratches.
The secure locking liner features cutout embellishments revealed by the design of the handle scale. This design also makes it easier to open this manual-opening blade and easier to unlock the liner lock to close it. The large lanyard hole makes attaching the Cinder to your keychain or pack simple.
And you might have noticed the bottle opener built into the back end. Yeah, we thought you did. It's plenty sturdy and ready to go to work when you are.
- Multi-function - Has multiple blades or tools, enabling it to perform multiple functions.
- Manual - There is no mechanical assist, such as SpeedSafe, used to open the folding knife. It opens the classic, old-school way.
- Liner Lock - Locks the blade open during use; one side of the knife’s steel “liner,” the steel plate to which the handle scales are attached, moves into position behind the blade to securely lock it open.
- Blade Length: 1.4" (3.6 cm)
- Closed Length: 2.6" (6.6 cm)
- Overall Length: 4.0" (10.2 cm)
- Blade Material: 3Cr13 Stainless Steel
- Blade Style: Sheepsfoot
- Blade Finish: Stonewash
- Handle Material: Glass-Filled Nylon
- Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
- Weight: 0.9 oz. (25.5 g)
- Designer: Rick Hinderer
- Bottle Opener and Lanyard Hole