Remember the Pocket Emisar D4 and its crazy 4,000 lumens output?
Well a company called Fireflies has just come out to top that.
The E07 hits close to or exceeds 8,000 lumens using a fully charged Samsung 21700 30T or 40T. It is 112mm in length & has a 26mm diameter - hardly small but still fits handily in your pocket.
The E07 uses a more sophisticated open-source firmware Anduril Code compared to the D4 with quite a few more modes and a slightly different UI.
The E07 is available in 4 different body finishes- Matte Black, Gun-Metal Grey, Chrome Silver & Desert Tan. Its also available in both cool white & neutral white.
Reasons To Get This Light
(1) As a pocket defence light. What's better than your standard 1,000 lumen light? Well, something that is x8 brighter
(2) For general usage. Besides the crazy 8,000 lumen output, the E07 has infinite variable (stepped & stepless) adjustments all the way from 1 to 8,000 lumens.
(3) Crazy lumen-chasers. This is a dream come true for most flashaholics who aspire to own the brightest & smallest light possible.
(4) To impress both your non-flashaholics/flashaholic friends. Quite simply, people will not believe the output from this compact monster once you turn it on turbo.
(5) Starting small fires due to the intense power it outputs.
(6) Has sick Purple AUX LEDs which can be toggled to blink, leave on or off.
This light is not good for:
(1) Kids (cuz its crazy dangerous)
- Made of 6063 Aluminum alloy and 304 Stainless Steel (For Bezel)
- Body finish: Military Black , Gun Metal Grey & Chrome Silver
- HAIII Anodising Surface Finish
- 1x 21700 / 18650 (High Drain Cells of at least 20A continuous discharge are recommended for maximum power)
- 25 degree angle TRI lens
- 98% AR coating glass lens
- Digital current regulation on lower brightness
- IPX-6 waterproof
- With Purple Aux Leds; with Purple Switch Leds
- Size: 112mm(L )x 37.5mm(Head) x 26mm(Body)
- Net Weight: 125 gram
Accessories: Spare O-Rings; Stainless Steel clip; Lanyard; Gift box
How to operate the light?
Fireflies uses free software distributed under the terms of the GNU Public License version 3
ROT66 Anduril code from toykeeper/flashlight-firmware
Other Manufacturer Notes
E07 driver is FET+3x7135 , high discharge rate >20A 21700 / 18650 battery can get max turbo brightness
For XPL hi version，>20A discharge rate needed , such as Samsung 30T or 40T 21700 or Efest 21700（ For 18650 VTC6 or 30Q）
If you have no need for max brightness, LG 10A 4800mAh 21700 has the best Runtime , but the lowest turbo brightness
About Heat Dissipation Structure
E07 has very compact size，however the heat dissipation structure is very well designed.
With 5mm deep heat sink trenches and 10mm thick integrated shelf , the light can sustain the crazy high outputs.
About thermal Step down：
E07 is one of the brightest single battery flashlights， It will get hot very quick on high brightness levels.
E07 sets the temperature limit to 50℃ by default. The light will automatically step down when the body temperature is over 50 degree. The temperature can be configured by users if you read the manual carefully.
About conductive Springs and electrical wires：
The springs used in E07 are made of gold-plated copper alloy ，which have an extreme low internal resistance. The electrical wires are teflon silver-coated 18AWG wire. So E07 has a very well electrical conductive ability to maximise the Lumen output.
About the clip：
The clip is press-fit design. Please daub a little oil onto the clip when installing the clip onto the body so the body wont get any scratched.