Discovered in a private collection and brought to life. The late Kit Carson’s memory is felt strongly throughout the industry—it shows in the absolute reverence the knife world has for his M16 and M21 designs. The M40 everyday carry folding knife is based on a legacy design. This version is reimagined with a Deadbolt lock, marrying classic design with contemporary innovation. Kit's legacy just keeps growing.
Kit Carson turned out a host of game-changing knives from his bench in Vine Grove, Kentucky. The M40 is based on one of his relatively unknown custom designs. In classic Kit style, the stainless steel compact tanto blade is all business. It's met with a glass-reinforced nylon and aluminum bolster handle that's both strong and surprisingly lightweight. The magic happens when you fire it up. The deployment action is quick and smooth with a flipper and IKBS ball bearing pivot system. It locks into place with the Deadbolt and will stay there—enduring incredible stress and weight—until it's simply closed with the prominent button.
The M40 is well-deserving of a spot in this legendary lineage.
How the Deadbolt Lock Works
Steel bolts interlock with the blade when it's deployed to yield incredible strength. A prominent button sits at the pivot point for simple, intuitive disengagement without fingers crossing the path of the blade.
- Innovative Deadbolt Locking Mechanism is Simple to Use and Provides Incredible Strength
- Flipper Opening Combined with IKBS Ball Bearing Pivot System Deploys the Blade Smooth and Fast
- Glass Reinforced Nylon and Aluminum Bolster Handle is Strong and Lightweight
- Blade Length: 2.937" (74.6 mm)
- Closed Length: 3.946" (100.23 mm)
- Overall Length: 6.875" (174.63 mm)
- Blade Material: 1.4116 Stainless Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.135" (3.43 mm)
- Blade Style: Tanto
- Blade Finish: Bead Blast
- Blade Grind: Hollow
- Handle Material: Glass Reinforced Nylon Onlays with 6063 Aluminum Bolsters
- Liner Material: Stainless Steel
- Locking Mechanism: Deadbolt
- Pivot Assembly: IKBS Ball Bearing System
- Pocket Clip: Deep Carry (Tip-Up, Right/Left Carry)
- Weight: 3.3 oz. (93.55 g)
- Designer: Kit Carson
- Made in Taiwan