The Cold Steel Kobun is a lightweight knife that takes its name from the Japanese underworld, where the word “Kobun” is sometimes used as an indicator of rank that suggests the word “soldier”, or one who takes orders from his “Oyabun” or boss. It’s a fitting name for a knife like the Kobun, which was effectively designed to be “a good soldier”. Proven to be incredibly popular with the Military, where it’s prized for its light weight and discreet profile as much as its durability and cutting potential. The Kobun features Cold Steels iconic reinforced “American Tanto” point, making it highly resistant to bending or breaking because it is reinforced by the full thickness of the blade’s spine (which runs almost to the very tip of the blade). Despite its thin profile, the Kobun’s deeply checkered Kray-Ex handle is designed to offer maximum grip and is contoured to resist turning or shifting in the hand.
- JAPANESE AUS 8A STAINLESS
- Blade Thickness: 1/8"
- Handle: 4 3/8" Long Kray-Ex
- Blade Grind: Flat
- Steel: Japanese AUS 8A Stainless
- Sheath: Secure-Ex Sheath
- Tanto-style boot knife named after Japanese word for "soldier"; sleek, lightweight knife has reinforced point that's highly resistant to bending and breakage
- Checkered, nonslip Kraton handle has minimum bulk with great deal of grip; cross section designed to be as thin as possible at only a half inch
- 9.875-inch overall length and 5.5-inch blade made of Japanese AUS 8A stainless steel; 4.375-inch Kraton handle; Secure-Ex sheath; 125 grams weight
- Includes limited manufacturer's warranty; details included with purchase